Fertile Grounds Indian Summer Party
Enjoying hazy sunshine frolocks as the summer draws to a close.
Date and time
Sat, 3 September 2022
15:00 – 22:30 BST
BH24 3EA Crow Lane, Crow, United Kingdom
One of the UK’s finest Nu Afro Beat and Dub bands.
“Thrilling harmonies…seriously infectious dance-floor grooves…goose bump inducing vocals” The Guardian
Influences are evidently wide ranging and numerous but The Wailers, Fela, Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry, Skatalites, The Specials, Masakela ,Roots Manuva, Massive Attack, King Tubby should not be ignored.
Wild, rockin’ instrumental surf from Bristol UK. These guys were twanging all around Glastonbury back in June on Shangrila’s Truth stage, Glastonbury On Sea (The Pier) and at the legendary Gaz’s Rockin’ Blues ! They’ve been championed by Gideon Coe on Radio 6 and have a sound that is guarenteed to beam you straight onto the Pulp Fiction dancefloor.
Returns to FG but this time with a dance floor heavy set to take us late into evening. Funk, Afro Beat, Bass and Soul.
House, Reggae, Hip hop, Funk, Disco, Lounge, Latin, NU Disco – Michael is also coordinates the Grounded charity based in Boscombe, working to give the community access to healthy, nutritious food.
Perveyor of all things funky and soulful.
Talks and Q&A
– Mitch Grows – talks foraging, fungi, biodiversity and setting up his new garden in Ringwood.
– Richard Sawden – New Forest Wild and Exotic Mushrooms shares his local shroom knowledge.
“Richard is a mushroom expert and one of the very few people who is able to offer fresh wild local truffles in the whole of the UK , he gathers them by hand from a private New Forest estate where he has been picking for many years.”
– 4 Acre Farm Update – Kate and Molly talk about their progress with regenerative farming in the heart of the Ringwood community.
- FG would like to encourage growers and adopters of sustainable methods to use event as an opportunity to network and share ideas with like minded souls!
The Stable Gallery
Nick Bartlet exhibits fresh paintings and curates work from local artists.
Prints By The Bay/ Nipper Stein / Georgia Merton / Phillipp Stummer
The Acoustic Stage
Martin Ross Butler / James Broughton / First Wives
Delicious Food /Bar
Vegan, vegetarian and meat options available. Coffee, tea and cake available too.
Well stocked bar with great local drinks.
Breakfast will be available for campers.
Kids Activities/Arts and Crafts run by:
– Ringwood Waldorf School
– Elves and Fairies, forest school Edmondsham
– Bush crafts
Free entrance for 9 year old’s and under.